by Emily Angyal
I feel pretty confident in saying that fall is one of the most popular seasons at Mount. Every year, students rush out to buy pumpkin spice lattes, cozy sweaters, and fall candles. Every girl dreams of having the perfect fall experience. You want cool weather, cute autumn clothes, and lots of blankets. However, fall always comes faster than we think, and we never have any idea what to do. To give you some ideas, here is a fall checklist to ensure you have your best fall experience to date.
- Re-Decorate Your Room. This one is a given. It always feels like fall when your room looks cute. I have already revamped my room, and I only spent a couple of dollars at the Dollar Store. I bought some artificial leaves, autumn-colored candles, and Halloween decals. Plus, it keeps me motivated to keep my room clean.
- Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte. This one may take a bit of time but with the right ingredients, you can save yourself five dollars and a trip to Starbucks every morning. You can also adjust the ingredients to your liking, which is always a nice bonus. By making your own version of a pumpkin spice latte, you can be your own personal barista.
- Take Aesthetic Pictures. We all yearn for that perfect tumblr fall picture. This fall, go out and ask your friend to take a dramatic picture of you! I already asked my friend to take some pictures of me. Plus, they would be cute to display in your room.
- Have a Bonfire. It is very rare these days to be able to get together with your closest friends and hang out. With the weather cooling down, bonfires are the perfect way to kick-start the season. Grab a couple of your friends and plan a weekend to do it. Just make sure you know what you are doing. Do not forget the marshmallows.
- Look at the Stars. On a cool night, go outside with some friends and take a ton of blankets. Lie down, look at the stars, and start a conversation! I can attest that I have sat in the middle of the street with my best friend late at night and talked to her about all of my problems. I do not necessarily recommend the street, but anywhere with a perfect view is great.